Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I rather be a believer.

Its been a while since my last post,
and really,thanks for all those words of confidence.
Yes Brendon, we should try it one day.
Self-esteem is one thing.The other thing that affects me is religion.
Dinesh and I debated over this topic for over a year now.
He believes in science.
I believe in religion.

Science vs Religion.
Two that totally contridicts each other.
One is true while the other is false,
what is your point of view?
Shout it out.

My point is that i rather be hopeful.
What is there to lose?
If you believe in science,
you die you DIE
If you believe in God,
you die you are in peace for eternity.

If science was true,
I die i would not remember about my existance.
But if God was true,
I die, living happy ever after[how cliched, but i cant find a better term]
and apprently the non-believers will end up you know where,
which is do not like to see it happen.

So i made up this line that does not even make sense cause i live by it everyday,
"I don't believe in science'.

6 comments:

lex is feeling woozy said...

i think there's more than just two sides to the cookie.

Anonymous said...

cookies?
I love cookies.

dinesh. said...

the phrase "I've got nothing to lose [in believing]" suggests to me that one is doing it not out of total faith, but for minimally selfish reasons.

I'm not actually an atheist, i consider myself agnostic. i don't assert the nonexistence of god, but i do not waste my time praying and whatnot. yes, i believe it would be a waste of MY time.
religion would be redundant if people had the good sense to live properly- they wouldn't need an organization to keep them on the straight and narrow.

dinesh. said...

well this is good.
we have one post of debate and two concerning baked goods.

Mark Tan said...

Physicians are starting to contemplate the existance of God.

This goes to show that we do not know everything.Only death or time will tell.

Anonymous said...

I'm slowly becoming more of an atheist with each day. And Dinesh, religion isn't just about being good. It's like a relationship. Comfort and guidance for those who need it, from someone or something that's more than you are. Not to mention eternal salvation, whatever that might be in the end.